We loved this cottage. Here's our Top Ten favorite aspects.
1. Super clean - I'm very picky about cleanliness, especially in the kitchen and bath. This cottage sparkled!
2. OMG the master bedroom mattress - perfect firmness, not too much or too little. Slept better than I've ever slept away from home.
3. Communication - the owners answered every question (and we asked a lot) very quickly and completely.
4. Attention - the owners knew we had kids and dogs, and took extra care to welcome them, with treats and little touches, like the trundle bed already set up.
5. Well-appointed - the kitchen was well stocked, and everything we needed was right there. No last minute runs to pick up a corkscrew, for example.
6. Linens - Extra sheets, which we didn't need but were nice to have, and a ton of towels and washcloths - another item on my must-have list.
7. Art - I loved the quirky, original art and objects scattered around. The personality of the owners came through but was subtle enough that the cottage felt like ours for the week.
8. Nature - we loved walking the backroad behind the cottage, and snacked on wild black raspberries along the way.
9. Air conditioning - it was 90 degrees most days, but the window air conditioners kept up and kept us cool.
10. Pup-friendly - it was so meaningful to bring our two Shelties along, we all had a great time!