Mexico City Day Tour
- Opportunity to explore stunning Mexico City in a single day
- Exploration of monuments, memorials, statues & pyramids
- Chance to see the Zócalo, the Mexico City's political center
- Visit to the Pyramid of the Sun with opportunity to climb
- Transportation, airline tickets & admission fees included
Mexico City Day Tour
Live Commentary in English or Spanish
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- The flight duration is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- You must present a valid passport on the day of activity.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Cancun or Riviera Maya hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
What you can expect
Mexico City is a sprawling metropolis of contrasting cultures that never ceases to amaze both locals and tourists alike. Embark on a fascinating day tour that introduces you to many of the city's most celebrated landmarks.
After a friendly driver picks you up from your hotel, make your way to Cancún International Airport for a morning flight to Mexico City. Upon arrival, begin a sightseeing tour that takes you to the city's political center, the Zócalo. See the Cathedral and the National Palace, with famous murals of Mexican artist Diego Rivera, Templo Mayor, and the Palace of Fine Arts.
Throughout your experience, learn about Mexico City's rich history, including its beginning as the ancient Aztec city of Tenochtitlan. Hear about how the city's original Aztec structures and canals were destroyed after the arrival of the Spanish in 1519 and replaced with modern roads and buildings. Next, walk along Paseo de la Reforma, widely considered to be the city's most beautiful street. Admire the street's impressive number of memorials and monuments, including that of the Angel of Independence.
After your tour, discover a place called “Where men become Gods,” filled with famous pyramids of the Moon and the Quetzalcoatl. Climb the Pyramid of the Sun and discover incredible views at the top, and pay a visit to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Enjoy lunch before heading back to the airport for the return trip, followed by transportation back to your hotel.