San Diego Zoo
Cleaning and safety practices
- Ticket good 1-year from original date of purchase.
- Welcome Back to Wonder! Now open
- Visit Australian Outback to see cuddly koalas
- Up-close look at polar bears in an icy underwater exhibit
- Visit Africa Rocks!
Select this option for 1-day admission to the San Diego Zoo.
Valid for 1 visit to the San Diego Zoo and 1 visit to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park or 2 visits to one of the parks. Both visits must take place within 1 year of purchase.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- *The guided bus tour lasts approximately 35 minutes and operates from 9:30 AM–4 PM (hours vary seasonally). A Spanish language tour operates at noon on weekends and daily in October.
- *The Skyfari® Aerial Tram operates from 10 AM–5 PM (hours vary seasonally). Children 8 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- *The hop-on hop-off Kangaroo Bus operates from 10:30 AM–4:30 PM (hours vary seasonally), with buses every 15 minutes.
- Various animal encounters, shows, and keeper talks take place throughout the day; you should check the schedule when you arrive.
- Hours of operation vary: please check before you go.
- *All subject to availability.
What you can expect
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is an international nonprofit conservation organization that operates two world-class parks, the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and empowers people to connect with plants and animals, develop an understanding of nature, and contribute tosafeguard wildlife everywhere by becoming Wildlife Allies. With a focus on global health and the interconnectedness of human, wildlife, and habitat health, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance aims to drive greater conservation outcomes including improving biodiversity and developing strong ecosystems. San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance collaborates with hundreds of individuals and organizations in field projects worldwide to innovate and implement full-spectrum conservation strategies. This synergy between work at home and in the field inspires and catalyzes conservation action on behalf of wildlife in unparalleled ways and helps create a world where all life thrives.
A100-acre wildlife sanctuary, the San Diego Zoo is home to over 12,000 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies. Located just north of downtown San Diego in Balboa Park, the Zoo is also an accredited botanical garden, caring for more than 700,000 individual plants, including a prominent accredited collection of close to 13,000 specimens, representing 3,100 species. Guests are invited to take part in exciting educational experiences and create lasting memories, while supporting San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance’s conservation efforts to save wildlife worldwide. Step into an adventure like no other!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Individually wrapped food options available